Benefits of Attending the High School Presidential Inaugural Conference
There are numerous benefits of attending The High School Presidential Inaugural Conference including receiving a personalized Letter of Participation and Certificate of Excellence. Since this unique event is held only once every four years in conjunction with one of the United States’ most historic and celebrated occasions, space in the program, as well as the eligibility to attend, are both extremely limited.
Your participation in the Conference will enable you to:
- Showcase your extracurricular experience and achievements when applying to college, writing essays and in college interviews
- Be part of the historic celebration of the Inauguration of the President of the United States, something you will remember for the rest of your life
- Demonstrate your enthusiasm and motivation to enhance your skills and continue growing and developing as a student and as a leader
- Step outside your ”comfort zone” and challenge yourself among the highest achieving students in the world
- Make long-lasting connections and friendships with other motivated students who share your interests
- Practice and apply valuable public speaking, advocacy, research, teamwork and collaboration and leadership skills through our simulations and interactive curriculum
- Improve your self-confidence and self-esteem, practice the ability to listen to others and be tolerant of other opinions/beliefs, gain independence and make friends outside of your normal social settings
- Gain valuable insight into careers in politics, broadcasting, campaign management, and in other areas that you may have an interest in pursuing, and discover new careers that you may not have ever considered
One of the most tangible benefits you earn by attending the Inaugural Conference is a personalized Letter of Participation that details your attendance at the Conference and describes the valuable educational components and experiences of the program. Many students submit a copy of this Letter of Participation with college applications to highlight their academic experience and extra-curricular achievement. You can request a personalized Letter of Participation following your completion of the Inaugural Conference.
All attending scholars who complete the Inaugural Conference receive a personalized Certificate of Excellence. You will receive your Certificate of Excellence at the close of the program, and we encourage you to keep this valuable document with your important papers.